These air fryer bananas are a tasty treat that the whole family will enjoy! The air fryer caramelizes the bananas turning them into a delicious fruit dessert or breakfast that tastes like Bananas Foster. With just 4 ingredients, bananas, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon, you can have these done in 5 minutes!
I always have bananas on hand at my house. They are a quick and easy snack for the kids and inexpensive. Sometimes, we don’t eat the bananas in time and I have to scramble to make something with them before they go bad. That’s when I discovered air fried bananas. I put them in my air fryer just to see what would happen. This resulted in the most delicious banana dessert!
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- It’s quick - There is little prep time and only 4 minutes of air fryer time.
- It’s easy - You only need 4 simple ingredients.
- It’s budget friendly - This is an inexpensive treat that you can make with ingredients you probably already have.
Speaking of budget friendly, try my other easy air fryer recipes!
Watch How To Make This Recipe Here!
The heat from the air fryer caramelizes the starch in the banana turning it into a soft delicious treat!
What To Serve With:
My favorite way to eat these caramelized bananas is to make a banana sundae. I top the bananas with some vanilla ice cream and drizzle on some chocolate syrup. Yum!
Here are some other delicious ways you can enjoy these bananas:
- Eat them with ice cream or frozen yogurt
- Put them on top of your pancakes for breakfast
- Put them in your oatmeal
- Put them on top of French Toast
- Drizzle them with some chocolate or peanut butter drizzle
- Top them with some whipped cream
- Sprinkle them with some chocolate chips
- Add them on top of some peanut butter toast
- Air Fryer
- Ripe Bananas - Bananas should be ripe but not overripe
- Melted Butter - I used unsalted butter
- Brown Sugar
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 4 minutes.
2. In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Peel the bananas, cut them each in half, then cut those halves in half lengthwise. This will yield 8 pieces.
4. Brush the butter mixture over the bananas.
5. Place the bananas into the air fryer in a single layer and air fry for 4 minutes.
6. Once the bananas are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer as they will be soft. Optionally, brush on additional butter mixture if desired. Let cool, then enjoy!
Recipe Variations and Substitutions:
- Brown Sugar - You can use maple syrup or honey if you don’t have brown sugar. Coconut sugar works too.
- Butter - You can use ghee or coconut oil as a substitute for butter if you wish.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- You’ll want to use ripe bananas, but don’t use overripe bananas because they’ll just melt in the air fryer. I consider overripe bananas to be those that are streaked with brown or completely brown (perfect for making banana bread or smoothies).
- I used my Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart to test this recipe. You will need to adjust the timing based on what air fryer you are using. Always check for doneness halfway through the cooking process.
Easy Air Fryer Bananas
- Air Fryer
- 2 ripe bananas (Peeled, cut in half, then cut lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Peel the bananas, cut them each in half, then cut those halves in half lengthwise. This will yield 8 pieces.
- Brush the butter mixture over the bananas.
- Place the bananas into the air fryer in a single layer and air fry for 4 minutes.
- Once the bananas are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer as they will be soft. Optionally, brush on additional butter mixture if desired. Let cool, then enjoy!