This air fryer peanut butter and jelly sandwich is like no other. It has melty peanut butter, jelly, freshly cut strawberry chunks all between two slices of buttery toasted bread. This will be the best fried PB&J you have ever tasted!
Be sure to try my air fryer hot ham and cheese wraps next!
The Best Air Fryer PB&J:
This air fried peanut butter and jelly sandwich is a total upgrade to the classic PB&J. I used to make this all the time on the stove, but now I only make it in the air fryer. The air fryer toasts this sandwich to perfection and makes the peanut butter gooey and delicious.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- It’s easy to make. Make a sandwich, then air fry. So simple!
- Takes only 5 minutes in the air fryer. No need to turn on the stove.
- It's budget friendly and can be made for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or a quick snack.
- It’s delicious! This grilled peanut butter and jelly will instantly become your favorite. The kids will love it too!
I prefer to use white bread or a whole wheat, but you can use whatever bread you prefer.
There are many options of jelly that you can use. I prefer to use strawberry or grape, but you can also use blueberry, apricot, orange, or apple jelly.
What To Serve With Air Fryer PB&J?
Make a meal out of this sandwich by adding a side. Here are some side dish ideas:
- Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Fries
- Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Fresh Fruit
- Tomato Soup
- Chicken noodle soup
- Side Salad
- Mac and Cheese
- Potato chips
- A glass of milk
- A side of breakfast meat
- 2 Slices of Bread
- Peanut Butter
- Strawberry Jelly
- Fresh Sliced Strawberries
- Butter (softened) - The butter should be room temperature so that its soft and spreadable.
Step By Step Instructions:
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 5 minutes.
2. Spread a layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread and a layer of jelly on the other slice of bread.
3. Add the sliced strawberries in an even layer to the slice of bread with the jelly, then put the two slices of bread together to make a sandwich.
4. Using a butter knife, spread a layer of butter on each side of the sandwich.
5. Add the sandwich to air fryer and cook for 5 minutes. Flip halfway through.
6. Once the sandwich is done, remove it from the air fryer. Let cool, then enjoy!
- Swap out the jelly for Nutella to make an Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Nutella Sandwich
- Swap out the strawberries for bananas to make an Air Fryer Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- You can make this sandwich crunchy by adding some peanuts or you can use crunchy peanut butter
- Try adding honey instead of jelly.
- Try using marshmallow fluff instead of jelly
Storage And Reheating Instructions:
- This sandwich is best when it's eaten fresh but if you have leftovers, store them in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
- To reheat, preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees Fahrenheit and heat for 1-2 minutes.
- If you would like your sandwich lightly toasted, then reduce the air fry time to 2 to 3 minutes.
- The air fryer I used was my Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart. Since all air fryers are different, you may need to adjust this recipe based on the air fryer you are using.
Ultimate Air Fryer Peanut Butter And Jelly Sandwich
- Air Fryer
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
- 2 fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter softened
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 Degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- Spread a layer of peanut butter on one slice of bread and a layer of jelly on the other slice of bread.
- Add the sliced strawberries in an even layer to the slice of bread with the jelly, then put the two slices of bread together to make a sandwich.
- Using a butter knife, spread a layer of butter on each side of the sandwich.
- Add the sandwich to air fryer and cook in 5 minutes. Flip halfway through.
- Once the sandwich is done, remove it from the air fryer. Let cool, then enjoy!
So quick and easy! I love the strawberries. So good! My kids loved these.