These air fryer frozen crinkle cut fries taste AMAZING when cooked in the air fryer! The air fryer quickly cooks them, making them golden, crispy, and delicious. All in about 12 minutes! Follow the instructions below and watch my video for the best results.
Be sure to try these dipped in my spicy garlic aioli sauce!
One of my favorite quick and easy air fryer side dishes is frozen crinkle cut fries. The air fryer makes them the best frozen fries you’ll ever have! They turn out far better in the air fryer than they do when cooked in the oven. Plus, my kids love them! I use Ore-Ida crinkle fries, but you can use Nathans, Kroger’s, or any other brand of frozen crinkle fries.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- You will get the crispiest fries that taste better than takeout!
- No oil needed. These fries come out crispy without using extra oil.
- It’s quick. The air fryer cooks these in about 12 minutes.
- No need to turn on your oven. The air fryer cooks these fries to perfection.
Watch How To Make This Recipe Here!
How Long To Cook Frozen Crinkle Fries In Air Fryer?
Frozen crinkle fries cook up nicely in the air fryer between 12 to 15 minutes depending on how many you are air frying at once. If you prefer your fries extra crispy, then just air fry them a couple minutes longer at a time, until they reach your desired crispiness.
What Goes With French Fries For Dinner:
Crinkle fries go good with a wide variety of dishes, or you can just eat them alone as snack. Here are some foods that go good with fries:
- Hot Dogs
- Italian Sausage
- Salmon Patties
- Smoked Sausage
- Roasted or Grilled Chicken
Aioli Dipping Sauces For French Fries:
What can you eat with fries besides ketchup? Here are some amazing aioli dipping sauces for your fries:
Seasoning For Frozen French Fries:
Looking for a way to dress up your frozen fries and make them more interesting? Try adding these seasonings:
- Smoked paprika
- Ranch seasoning
- Chili powder
- Garlic power
- Parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Onion powder
- Seasoning salt
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Make Loaded fries by adding cheese, green onion, and ranch
It’s best to season the frozen fries after they are done cooking and still hot. This is so the seasoning sticks to the fries.
Absolutely! The air fryer is the best way to cook frozen French fries. They cook fast and come out crispy.
For the best results, cook the frozen fries at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
No, you do not need to spray oil on frozen French fries before air frying. The frozen store bought crinkle fries already contain enough cooking oil to make the fries crispy in the air fryer.
For the best results, I recommend preheating your air fryer for fries.
No, you do not need to defrost frozen French fries before air frying. You can cook them from frozen and they turn out crispier that way.
- Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries - I used Ore-Ida, but you can use whatever brand you prefer.
- Salt (to taste) - See above for other seasoning ideas
How Do You Cook Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries In An Air Fryer? Step by Step Instructions:
1. Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 12 minutes.
2. Once the air fryer has preheated, add the frozen crinkle fries to the air fryer basket and shake the basket until the fries are in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through at 6 minutes. The fries are done when they are golden brown.
3. Season with salt to taste. Let cool. Then enjoy as is or with your favorite dipping sauce!
Storage And Reheating:
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes until warm.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Cook in batches if needed.
- Cook the fries in a single layer.
- Shake the basket halfway through the cooking process.
- The air fryer I used to test this recipe was my Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart. You may need to cook your fries a little more or less depending on the air fryer you are using.
Try These Easy Air Fryer Recipes Next!
FOLLOW me on Pinterest | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram
Air Fryer Frozen Crinkle Cut Fries
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound frozen crinkle cut fries
- salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 12 minutes.
- Once the air fryer has preheated, add the frozen crinkle fries to the air fryer basket and shake the basket until the fries are in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the basket. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, shaking the basket halfway through at 6 minutes. The fries are done when they are golden brown.
- Season with salt to taste. Let cool. Then enjoy as is or with your favorite dipping sauce!
I love these! These French fries come out so crispy! One of my top things to cook in the air fryer.