These air fryer tuna melt wraps are the perfect quick and easy lunch or dinner! Delicious tuna salad is topped with cheese, then wrapped into a tortilla and air fried for 4 minutes.
Be sure to try my Air Fryer Hot Ham and Cheese Wraps next!
Subscribe And Follow Munchy Goddess!
FOLLOW Munchy Goddess on:
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
- It’s budget friendly. This recipe calls for canned tuna, which is an inexpensive pantry staple.
- It’s so easy to make this tuna melt in the air fryer. Only 4 minutes of cook time.
- This tuna melt is perfect for lunch or dinner! You can even make the tuna salad ahead of time.
Some good mayo substitutes are plain Greek yogurt, mashed avocado, or sour cream.
The reason your tuna salad could be watery is if you didn’t completely drain all the water from the tuna when removing it from the can. Be sure to drain all the water or liquid from the tuna before mixing it up to make your tuna salad.
I do not recommend freezing these tuna melts. They just don’t freeze well at all.
What Goes Well With A Tuna Melt?
Here are some of the best side dishes that you can serve with this tuna melt:
- 2 cans of tuna - The tuna will need to be completely drained. Any water left behind could make the tuna salad watery.
- Mayo - I used full fat mayonnaise, but you can use low fat mayo or a mayo substitute if you prefer.
- Yellow Onion
- Dill Pickle Relish
- Dijon Mustard
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Seasonings: Ground Black Pepper, Garlic Powder
- Flour Tortillas
1. Make the tuna salad: To a medium bowl, add the tuna, mayo, dill relish, onion, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix until blended.
2. Warm the tortillas: Place the tortillas onto a microwave safe plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Microwave the tortillas for 20 seconds until warm.
3. Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 4 minutes.
4. Assemble the wraps: Add about a half a cup of tuna salad to one tortilla, top with cheese, and roll it up like a burrito. Repeat this for the remaining 3 tortillas.
5. Brush the top of each wrap with melted butter.
6. Add wraps to the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes until golden brown.
7. Remove wraps from the air fryer. Let cool. Cut in half, then enjoy!
You can make the tuna salad ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Once you are ready to make your tuna melt wraps, remove the tuna salad from the refrigerator, give it a good stir, and follow the recipe as directed (minus the part where you make the tuna salad, because you’ll already have it made!)
Recipe Substitutions And Variations:
- Mayonnaise Substitute - Sour cream, Greek yogurt, or mashed avocado are good substitutions for mayo.
- Yellow Onion Substitute - Red onion or sweet onion can be used as well.
- Make this recipe spicy by adding some sriracha sauce. The amount is up to you! I would start with a teaspoon and add more if needed.
- Flour Tortillas - I prefer using flour tortillas, but you can use whatever wraps you prefer such as wheat or low carb tortillas.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
These wraps are best when eaten fresh. However, if you do have leftovers, tightly wrap them up in plastic food wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Warm up the tortillas. Cold tortillas are hard to fold and will sometimes break, so make sure that you warm them up so that you can easily fold them.
- Make sure to drain all the water from the tuna or else your tuna salad can become watery. You'll want to drain as much liquid as you can from the dill pickle relish as well.
- The air fryer I used to test this recipe was my Instant Vortex Plus 6 quart. Since all air fryers cook differently, you will need to adjust this recipe based on the air fryer you are using. Always check on your food halfway through the cooking process
Easy Air Fryer Tuna Melt Wraps
- Air Fryer
- 2 (6oz) cans of tuna drained
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup yellow onion chopped into tiny pieces
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish drained
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ⅓ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅓ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Jack Cheese
- 4 8 inch flour tortillas warmed
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- Make the tuna salad: To a medium bowl, add the tuna, mayo, dill relish, onion, Dijon mustard, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix until blended.
- Warm the tortillas: Place the tortillas onto a microwave safe plate and cover them with a damp paper towel. Microwave the tortillas for 20 seconds until warm.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit and set the timer for 4 minutes.
- Assemble the wraps: Add about a half a cup of tuna salad to one tortilla, top with cheese, and roll it up like a burrito. Repeat this for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Brush the top of each wrap with melted butter.
- Add wraps to the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove wraps from the air fryer. Let cool. Cut in half, then enjoy!